Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
ChasDen

Default Life wins this week :(

Man what a miserable 7 days this has been. Not one to usually complain, because I truly believe I am a fortunate man, but I am just beat down to the point of throwing my hands in the air and saying I concede, you win. It started last Friday when the transmission lines blew out in the truck while we were out of town ($600 and 3 hours later we were back on our way). The switch went out in the radial arm saw, Sunday the router took a crap (Bushings should fix it).This whole week we are short handed at work so the boss has been hammering me with work, and the topper was Sunday night I spent the night paying all the bills online (We both get paid every other week and last week was pay day) just to wake up Monday and find out I only had $.01 "Available" in my account. A quick stop by the bank reveled the IRS had levied our personal checking account. Without going into all the gruesome details, a few years back I made a few bad tax decisions and owed them a few thousand dollars. Fast forward to now and we were paying them $325 every 2 weeks. At that rate it would be paid off by the first of the year. Well turns out the blood sucking SOB’s wanted it faster. Fortunately, I was able to head off most of the damage and spent most of the week making calls and working it all out. In the end, they will be off my back, the bills all get paid and it’s finally Friday, I’m drained emotionally.

Chas