Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about
Default Tat Boris

So its been about a week or two since i've had a cigar. As some of you know i recently bought a new laptop. So i'm now able to smoke a cigar, talk on skype watch a movie and play poker all at the same time .

So i decided to finally pull one of these puppies out. I had picked up 2 (due to the limit per customer at the local B&M) then picked up a 3rd and the last one they had when the owner wasn't in . Sadly, i was only able to get ahold of 3 of them which i thought would be enough but after smoking this... hah if i could i'd stock my entire vino with these things.

The first 1/3 was really mellow. Mostly leathery tones with slight pepper undertones. The smoke is extremely thick and just billows out of your mouth. It ashed itself (thankfully not on me) at about 1" into it.

About 2/3 in it really started to pick up. The leather started to subside to the pepper but not a real strong in your face pepper like say... the DPG CC. I'm sitting here wondering if this cigar can get any better and if so... i refuse to believe it.

Starting off the last 2 1/2 inches or so on this cigar the white pepper is really taking over. I haven't had to purge or fix the burn once on this cigar and the draw has been perfect in my book. A quick puff through the nose leaves me with nothing but white pepper taste. It's leaving a leathery after taste. Its starting to take on what seems like a creamy undertone which complements the white pepper flawlessly.

The finish of this cigar is still white pepper and the cream traded places with spices. This will/is the first cigar in a long time i will/have nubbed.

This cigar makes me appreciate the fact that this cigar had very little hype around it compared to the drac. If this cigar was hyped as much as the drac was i'd view this as a meh... waste of money. When cigars get that much hype i feel as though they are/should be the best thing in the world.

Final score on this cigar: 9/10
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote