Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default God Bless America!

Many of you know based on this attached thread that today finally came and it was a special day for my wife and for our family.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22762

It was quite the experience for me. It is so, so long ago since I went through this process that frankly, memory fades. I am so glad I went with her today.

I looked around a room full of people so happy to be there to be sworn in as citizens of this truly great land.
There were soldiers in the room and were recognized for their service and thanked by all who also cheered for them.
There was a woman who recently lost her husband in combat.
There were quite a few elderly people barely able to walk to the chair they were assigned.
They came from many countries and each with a very special story of how they made it to this day.
While all had varying backgrounds and life experiences, all shared one common thing for today, for that moment. They were being sworn in as a citizen of the United States.

Many could not contain the tears when sworn in. All wept, including yours truly, when this song was played:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RssIN3ustUw

What a great land that opens its arms to foreigners like me and allows us to make a new home for ourselves. All of us come for various rooted reasons but all come for one common goal, a better life in the land that best offers that opportunity.

Sometimes it is easy to forget the simple things in life. Don't let the privilege of being a citizen of The United States of America be one you ever easily forget or take for granted.

God Bless America and God bless and protect those who serve to defend what she stands for.