Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
fyrftr

Default My RP Vintage 92 blew up!!

Well...sort of! This was my first experiance with this cigar. Lit well, burned fine, was hard to draw thru. This went away after the first inch. Then it split down the barrel of the cigar after about an inch. The split was about 2 1/2'-3" in lenth. Appeared to be only the wrapper and not the binder underneath. As the cigar had just opened up I still wanted to smoke it. I thought it was only OK so far and wanted to give it time to get better. When it got past the split about a half inf a small crack opened up and the wrapper peeled back like a flower opening up!! Looked like it was shot thru with a 22. WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot! OVER!
Managed to smoke it down past the 'bullet hole' and the dammed thing split down another 3 inches to a half inch from thr foot!! Set the dammed thing down and let it go out. I expected more from a $7.75 stick!

Is this common at all? What do you think caused it?

The B & M that I got it from has a humidified cab. He said it should have been fine to smoke right away. No need to rest or drybox he stated. I brought it home in a plastic zip bag and smoked it with-in a couple of hours of it's arrival at my place. He did offer to replace it (didn't look none to happy either) There was only about three inches left though!!
Asked to trade up to the $9.95 Vintage 90 in order to avoid the same problem. He charged me $4.00 more!! Must have been those damned taxes!

The Vintage 90 was a GREAT!! smoke, by the way. Nubbed it and only got a little Dizzy!!

Tim