Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
coastietech

Default Re: Pete Johnson goes Vampire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I, personally, am not a fan of Pete's cigars. He and I just share a different taste. I've tried pretty much everything and haven't found a keeper yet.
So far as the hype goes, I think it's fun.
It brings a special excitement to the hobby and the industry that's much lacking. The kidsy, "Furbee" atmosphere surrounding the Dracs is supposed to be fun. I'm looking forward to trying the cigar just to see if they suck.
Then I can say they suck, and that'll be fun, too.
Plus if I can get a few boxes, it'll be fun sharing them here.
I suppose it's easier to be objective whenit really doesn't matter to me whether I get them or not.
I do think that despite the fact that the "manufactured scarcity" is real, it's intent is to make fun, not to make guys angry. If you'll take time to watch some of Pete's interviews and get a feel for the kind of guy he is, I'm sure anyone would come away with the same impression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfm721 View Post
I don't get all the animosity over the limited nature of this product. It's not a regular line and to lump all his lines together as being subject to manufactured scarcity is unfair. I find that his regular lines are readily accessible. Ultimately I think it falls on the consumer when this much hype is generated, Pete can't generate this hype all on his own. Plenty of other manufacturers release seasonal, limited edition, etc. smokes and rarely do you see this sort of reaction. I think its unfair to lay all the blame on a manufacturer who chooses to release a limited production smoke.
I have to agree with these two posts...

How come no one *****es about the Liberty series, or the Master Blends? With every hobby you have a group of people that not only enjoy the activity but also enjoy collecting things that few others have.

Not to mention it's not really that hard to score a box. Come on if a newb like me can score a box it can't be that hard.