Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Vegas de Santiago puros torpedo

This nice Costa Rican cigar from the charming Vegas de Santiago factory is made completely with Costa Rican tobacco and has a 52 ring with a length of 152mm. Vegas de Santiago is a small factory, but they produce great cigars, not just puros with Costa Rican tobacco, but they also have other cigars with nice blends from other countries. Just check out their website www.vegassantiago.com

The wrapper of this puros torpedo is nice and oily, the cigar has the smell of hay. It is east to cut and even easier to light, just one cigar match does the trick. The flavors that I could taste are a pepper right at the start, combined with herbs and leather, those flavors slowly make place for hay and grassy flavors and a hint of cacao. Right at the end I could taste some pepper again. A nice medium to full bodied cigar.

The smoke is full, rich and white, the ash is firm and light grey. The turning point comes pretty late and about the burn I can say one thing: PERFECT, not a millimeter crooked, and the cigar doesn’t die soon, when you put it away to get a drink from the kitchen.

Would I buy this cigar again? I already did, and I will keep on doing it.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote