Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Riff Raff
Habitual Offender

First Name: Bill
Trading: (11)
Montecristo Navy (Served With Honor)
Riff Raff is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Review: Romeo Y Julieta Habana Reserve Belicoso

This is my first review so please be kind! Pics were taken from my Blackberry so I apologize for the quality!

Size: 6.1" X 52

Wrapper: Nicaraguan

Binder: Nicaraguan

Filler: Nicaraguan and Honduran

Strength: Medium to Full Bodied

Price: Single $7.10

This is a nice dark wrapper that is a bit oily. A nice milk chocolate color with not too many veins. There is one blemish on the wrapper, but it is small.

Pre-draw was toasty and faintly sweet.

First 1/3rd:

Immediately toasted nuts was the dominate flavor. There was a bit of creaminess to the large amount of smoke. Just a hint of cinnamon was evident as well. The ash was dark gray and a bit flaky. There was also an uneven burn to start.

Second 1/3rd: Strong notes of cinnamon came into play here. A little pepper was evident as well. A lot of smoke. The ash fell off halfway through the cigar.

Last 1/3rd: Burn evened out. Lots of cinnamon still dominating the flavor. A hint of spice as well. Toasted nuts coming through too. A nice clean refreshing finish as well.

This was a very pleasant smoke! Lots of cinnamon which I love! A great finish and a nice smoke to start my day!

I give this smoke a 8.8. I would smoke this 'gar on a daily basis. Very enjoyable!
Riff Raff is offline   Reply With Quote