Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about
Talking Thank you all. This place rocks!

First let me say that we've got a good mix of good people here in the Asylum. I've read a few posts over the last week that touched me, entertained me, made me laugh, irritated me, or informed me and educated me. I really, REALLY enjoy this place. You folks are definitely interesting and often informative, but always entertaining!

I'd like to show my appreciation to everyone on this forum by hitting you with a handful of good smokes but my pockets just aren't that deep. So many different characters here have touched my life in some way that when I see a post asking for a single person's name I just have a terrible time picking only one! But as wonderful as you all can be we'd not have this place if it weren't for the TOE.

With the one year anniversary coming up in mid October I propose that over the next 2 or 3 weeks we let each member of the TOE know how thankful we are that they went out on a limb and opened the doors to this Asylum we've come to love. I'm not suggesting mass bombings or anything like that --- although that would be AWESOME to watch! Just little things to let them know we appreciate them. I'm sure many of you already do this but some of us, me for one, may not have adequately expressed our gratitude. So put a thank you card in the mail, pick up the phone, send a nice email, UPS a box of cookies or jar of peanut butter, whatever floats your boat. Just let them know how awesome we think this place is.

For me, I've got one member of the TOE in my sights now. I don't have big guns or anything but a little thank you sometimes goes a long way. I'd like to hit them all with a little cigar lovin' but that will take a while!

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Just read a few posts over the last couple of days that brought this thought to my mind.

A big thanks to the TOE and also a thanks to all of you for making this a really cool community.

THANK YOU ALL !!!

(now to contact the keeper of the rolodex to get that addy!)