Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
ahc4353

Default For Noobs and FOG's Alike

At CA I have met people that I otherwise would never have had the opportunity to meet. Funny, generous, kind, humble, honorable and giving people. Some of these great folks I have been lucky enough to shake their hand and have a cigar with. Many others I have not, but hope to one day.

Another group that I found here was the Troops, yes the soldiers. The men and women that serve and protect the country I love and the life I have the freedom to enjoy. These people ask for nothing and give everything. Here on CA a generous few give a tremendous amount of time, money and cigars as a thank you to these courageous people. I try very hard to support the troops where and when I can. A sticker group buy or a raffle that supports the troops is about all I can do in these trying times. It's not much but it's something. If more of us would do "just a little something" it would add up to whole lot. I would like to ask each of you to do what you can, when you can, to help bring a few smiles to those so far away.

Take a look in the Troop Support section. Look at the pictures and all the smiles that our small gifts create. After that give some thought to what you can do to help. Maybe it's a $5.00 donation or maybe you go clean out the humi of those cigars that were just such a great deal you had to buy yet they just don't fit your tastes anymore and send those to macms for forwarding to the troops.

Whatever it is it will help.
Thank you for taking the time to read and consider this.