Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Troops Room

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
kayak_rat
Cyclonic Bastard

First Name: Zack
Trading: (0)
Trinidad
kayak_rat will become famous soon enough
Default Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing

I thought I would post this here being as the organization works directly with soldiers and veterans. I am guiding during the Taneycomo retreat this Friday, Saurday and Sunday in Branson Missouri. We will be taking 5 wounded soldiers out for a day of fly fishing, bonding, and general positive thoughts. I have worked with the organization in the past, but this time I am taking two soldiers per trip out for trout fishing. They pay nothihg. All meals, gear, and transportation is provided. I will be rowing our drift boat all weekend. I honestly cannot wait. It is my personal opinion that there is not enough we can do to show you guys our support. I have seen the healing powers of positive reinforcement and getting a person outdoors....this is why I believe so heavily in this cause. Here is a link to the website to read a bit more on whats involved:

Project Healing Waters
If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer. I will be taking a mess of cigars out of my collection to hand out and for sure will be taking a good number of pictures. I will post updates and the pics here when I can.

Thank you all for your service.
kayak_rat is offline   Reply With Quote