Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default I finally bought a handgun.

I've carried a protection permit for 20 years, but I've not owned a handgun in my adult life. I never felt good about a handgun in the house with kids. Always shot someone else's or the old man's or my brother's or girlfriend's.
I taught my daughter how to shoot when she was about 8, but we haven't gone shooting for about a year. She's a lethal weapon. She can group as well or better than her Dad.
It's Fall here in PA now, and that's shooting time, and I want to take the baby girl shooting. She's big enough to handle the 9mm now, she's learned how to shoot on a .22 Ruger.
Grice's (a great big gun shop right over the hill from here) had a big sale this month.
I landed this Smith & Wesson Sigma SW9VE, holster, and 500 rounds of 9mm frangible ammo for under 400 bucks.
So far I burned up 250 rounds.
At 30 feet I can put 14 out of 15 in a 6" group 100% of the time, rapid firing (about 15 seconds for 15 rounds). The gun is perfectly balanced for me, the recoil is perfect, and the sights settle in before I'm even ready to bark another round off. I have to slow myself down.
At 30 yards, I can only put about 6 or 7 out of 15 in a 6" group.
I'm gonna try to talk my little brother into running across the range with a paper plate on a stick and see how I do.
Anyways, here she is...