Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
dannyboy
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (31)
Trinidad
dannyboy will become famous soon enough
Default Hey IT Guys - Need Career Advice

I am needing to make a career change and one of my options is the IT field. I enjoy computers, but not sitting at one all day. I think that something in the help desk or networking fields might be good, as there is a mix of computer work along with moving around and interacting with people. My question is about the education needed to start of in a good position in the network admin/help desk field. What certifications do I need? Do I need and Associates, a Bachelors? What is the general opinion on tech schools (ITT, ECPI, etc.).

I already have a B.S., but it is in a field completely unrelated to IT. Just wondering what it would take to get into the field. Also, for those guys out there who do help desk/network admin type work, what is it like? Just wondering if I have the right image in my mind of being able to work with computers but also having human interaction, customer service skills, and moving around. I don't think I could handle sitting at a computer for 8 hours straight.
dannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote