Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
ahc4353

Default So My Wife Brings Home A Dog

Like we need another as we have two. Trouble is Alina has a heart the size of Klug's humidor. While showing a client a foreclosed home she found that a young women was living in the empty house. With this women she found a dog cowering in the corner. The women said that the dog was her boyfriends but that her boy friend was now "locked up" and she can't take care of the dog. The women told Alina that her boyfriend had "shocked" the dog while she was pregnant causing the dog to lose her puppies. She also told her that the dog had not eaten in at least three days. Alina asked the women if she could have the dog and was told she could.

We took her to the vet and got all her shots and blood tests done. We are treating her for fleas and worms. The vet said she in no more than two years old. We set her up in a kennel in my shed (I put in a window AC unit due to the heat) for a few days until all her tests come back before we introduce her to our current two dogs.

I am trying very hard not to get attached to this dog as I would really like to find her a good home where she can get the one on one attention she needs. However, it's very hard as she is so sweet. She has fantastic manners and other than being a little shy you couldn't ask for a nicer dog.

Alina has named her Sofie and she really seems to like her new surroundings. Wish us luck on finding her a good home.

I just can't understand how people can treat animals in such cruel ways. This dog is just so kind. It's amazing she trusts humans after what she has been through.

Please allow me to introduce, Sofie!