Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
ChasDen

Default Shack Herf 09 - Our Perspective

Having heard all the chatter over the last few years of the epic event called Shack Herf, I knew I needed to attend at least one. In my wildest dreams I could have never imagined what was in store for us. Being a trooper, my wife agreed to take the trip. Both of us lead rather stressful lives so a quiet weekend on the shores of Lake Erie sounded like a perfect weekend. We arrived around noon on Friday and were greeted by our host Dave. First impressions are often misleading but as the weekend went on I found my first impression of Dave would be spot on. Mine of Dave was a quiet man, not needing to be the center of attention but very capable of making his presence known in necessary. Gracious and warm, his early concern was that we felt welcome and comfortable.

There were ample places to relax and unwind.

As the crowd began to grow and the day went on we found ourselves overwhelmed with good food, plenty to drink, cigars everywhere you looked and what turned out to be the gem of the weekend, great friendship. Being able to put faces to names, shake someone’s hand, sit in a small slice of heaven and share a cigar is the part of this weekend I will remember forever. As the day winded down we found ourselves sitting on the shore watching the sunset, sharing cigars and enjoying one another’s friendship.

With so much to do and absorb the first day was a tad overwhelming. As we pulled out of the driveway on day one my wife looked over at me and said "If they do this again we better be coming back". We both woke up early Saturday morning and found ourselves rushing to get ready at the Hotel. Arriving earlier in the day on day 2 we decided to take the scooters on a ride around the island.

The scenery is breathtaking and humbling.

Cont…