Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default Pearl Harbor Photos (not 56K friendly)

While on honeymoon, we both wanted to make a stop at Pearl Harbor, so we planned for an extended layover in Oahu.

For anyone who hasn't been, I strongly suggest it. It's something that I came to knowing the significance of, but you could see a lot of people who went there knowing the name and thinking it was just something you 'had to see' and walking away speechless with their mouths open and eyes watering.

A truly worthwhile experience.

So for those who don't know, there are 4 main memorials there, with a few others there as well. There is one more memorial on the other side of Ford Island (The USS Nevada if I recall right) that we were told about by a Navy man who we were talking to for a few. He said that not many see it since it's on the other side of the island and you have to walk to it unless you have a military pass and a car. We didn't have time unfortunately, but it's something we'll see the next time we come after they finish rebuilding the Arizona memorial which we donated to.

The first memorial you see is the USS Bowfin memorial.

There's also a few scattered things around this area you can see. I took many photos, but you can't post many per post, so I'll keep it brief.

Next up is the Pacific Aviation Museum. We didn't actually go to this, but the shuttle bus went next to it, so I snapped a couple photos.

Also there is the USS Oklahoma, a lesser seen memorial because people rarely leave the fenced enclosure of the USS Missouri Memorial.

Next up will be the USS Missouri Memorial in a following post.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote