Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Project of the Day : Impending Stuff

I haven't finished anything in the last few months cause I've been so crippled up, and so busy with paperwork, but I have a couple nummies in cue.

This is a great big Mystic cooler I got for nothing. It's going to be filled with drawers on full glides, and maybe even pocket drawers and a central display area.
I'm going to cover the entire unit unit with sassafras and do some serious coping and molding to make it incredibly swanky.
It'll be incredible.
It'll displace my wine cooler and give me lots more space. Much wider and deeper drawers, plus infinate control of the humidity and temperature.
The whole bottom section will be used for a passive/active humidification system of my design. It will be built from Spanish Cedar to get some good cedar stink in there. It should keep the unit 100% stable even when it's cooling.

This is a project that's been languishing on my bench while I lay on the couch all day. It's an oak skinned thermoelectric with full glide drawers and a glass front.
It already holds perfect temp and humidity. The sides and top are done, I just need to finish the front. It's so intricate and so difficult that I haven't laid finger to it for over a month.
The only things that need finished are the door skinning, spanish cedar drawer lining, tons of sanding, and finish.
It's a prototype, and I hope to build one more now that I got all the bugs worked out and I've figured out how to skin it a lot easier. When it's finished, it will be incredible. It's gonna live by my desk till I get the big Mystic cooler done.