Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #11
Mr Edmundo
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (15)
Montecristo
Mr Edmundo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Yellow Band" Dominican 'Cohiba'???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar...2,1036,00.html

And they won another a year later and this one is about the Yellow Band Dominican Cohiba.
http://www.lasvegasnow.com/global/story.asp?s=8663416
I'm not sure if these articles apply to the OP's original question. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but the first article is specifically Cohiba from Cuba filing the lawsuit against the red dot Cohiba's use of the name.

The second article is a lawsuit involving a Carribean company using the name Cohiba. But not specifically the DR. And "Carribean's Finest" doesn't appear anywhere on the ones that I've seen. So I'm not sure if this applies to the same cigars in question.

I asked about this a long time ago. Seems to me that there also was a lawsuit with the Dominican Cohiba and the Red Dot for rights to use the name in the US and the Red Dot version won.
But these are now only sold only in the Dominican, or something like that. I know they do appear in some BMs, but how they got there, who knows.

My brother in law picked up a box of these while in the DR. And yes they were in a glass top box. But that doesn't make them fake, as they are not pretending to be Cubans.
And they are not terrible to smoke, but are extremely mild, yard gar. Nothing to get excited about. But to label them fakes is kinda like saying fun furs aren't worth buying because they are fake. Neither are claiming to be the real thing.

Last edited by Mr Edmundo; 07-09-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Mr Edmundo is offline   Reply With Quote