Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road
Default Cheap Cigar Infusing Experiment

Cheap Cigar Infusing with La Aurora 2nds

Some time back there was a discussion about infusing your cigars with whiskey or coffee and how well it would work. So having a number of La Aurora 2nds I thought I'd give this a try. I added some espresso to a bag with one cigar and placed into a container with some beads and left it for 3 months. I was initially going to run this for one month, but I forgot about it and 3 months it was.

I originally bought the La Aurora 2nds to kick-around with. They were cheap so I took a chance on them to be decent enough to help mow the lawn, trim trees, and other assorted jobs. To my surprise these cigars weren't bad at all. A bit on the mild side of medium though they had a good taste and smell to them just a tad loose.

Once I pulled the cigar out of the container I noticed the date and that the espresso had become stale. So I take the cigar out for some work and see how the espresso affected the cigar. Running the cigar under my nose I noticed the rich smell which should be expected, no @#$@, and it was quite pleasant. After lighting the cigar and taking a few puffs the richness of the espresso was one with the cigar. I believe I enjoyed the smoke much more after the infusion. Puff after puff this cigar produced a heavier taste than before and I had wished I put a few more in that bag. This definitely was not the same cigar!

While I'm not getting carried away and saying that cigar would blow your socks off or anything of the sort and I was still using it to kick around with, there was definitely potential for further experiments. I think I'll just grab a hand full of cheaper cigars and give it another go to see how they turn out. I'm surely not going to try this with a Padron Anni or CC, but this could be quite fun to infuse your cheaper cigars.

If you try it let us know how they turn out.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote