Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough
Default Boom's Cigar Draw Tool

A few might remember Boom (Troy) holding a contest for one of his draw tools, well, I was the lucky winner:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17311

The draw tool arrived today. It is very attractive and well made. I am no wood expert but I love the high gloss finish and the way the grain lines up perfectly with the needle. Anyway, a tool is only as good as its functionality so I reached into a humidor for a cigar with a high probability of being plugged.

The cigar draw tool is picture below next to an opus #4. I snipped the opus and took a draw. It was not plugged However, on a sliding scale of 0-10 with 0 being completely plugged, 10 being sucking air and 5 being perfect draw, I would say it was a 3. I inserted the draw tool into the clipped foot (see picture 2). It slid very easily into thee cigar. I was worried about piercing the sidewall but it went in straight and easy. I did this twice. I only should have done it once. The cigar went from a 3 to probably a 7 and had a loose draw now! Basically, the tool works and it works well.

Thanks very much Boom. This little thing works like a charm and it looks great! I highly recommend one of Boom's draw tools to any BOTLs.

Lu
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img1.jpg (110.7 KB, 711 views)
File Type: jpg img2.jpg (110.7 KB, 580 views)
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote