Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone hate Verizon Wireless like I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbejon View Post
I've had pretty good service with Verizon Wireless. However, Verizon is a totally different story. Here we go....

A few years back I ordered that total package that everyone else has, the internet, house phone, and Directv. Price was right at the time. Directv shows up at my house about a week later for the install, no problems. Around that same time, my phone line is working, no problems. However, another week goes by and I still don't have my DSL modem. I call Verizon to find out what's up. They tell me it's been delivered. I don't have it, so of course I say as much. Then I comment that it was probably the package I saw sitting outside of an apartment I didn't think anyone lived at. The woman basically flips on me. She tells me that I have to go downstairs to knock on the door of that apartment and see if they have my mail. I tell her I'm not doing that. She says it's MY responsibility. I asked her if she seriously was telling me that it was my responsibility to go through other peoples' mail? She said yes. Then she blamed me for giving them the wrong address, to which I replied that Directv and Verizon phone all got the right (and same might I add) address as Verizon DSL. This woman just said that she was annotating my record to show that I didn't try and find the equipment and therefore no further help was given. I hung up on her then called back and talked with her manager. I finally got resolution, but it took a damn long time. Absurd.
Sing it, sister.
I never thought to use the word absurd, but it fits perfectly.
About two years ago I actually swore at the "supervisor". She had lied to me directly three times, not returned my calls, and was about as helpful as syphillis.
I can't remember what word I used, but remembered being very upset with myself because it was the first time I ever slipped in a "professional" fashion.
I should have called Darrell to stomp her out. lol