Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #11
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation
Default Re: Gurkha hatin

Good morning Mr. Legend,

I do not hate Gurhkas.

There are very few things in life I can honestly say I hate.

To hate requires a certain energy and dedication of resources to right a wrong when one's, or one's friends and / or family's, rights or liberties have been affected.

There is so much in life that affects us, our friends and family that to waste saying I hate a certain cigar brand is energy poorly invested for me.

I have tried the Nepalese Warrior, a 5er, and it was a poor stick in my opinion as it was a inferior version of the RP 90 for me (poorly rolled all 5). I would have said bland earth instead of dirt but that is part of the beauty of this hobby - I taste bland earth and my neighbor taste dirt!

I also tried the barber pole version, again a 5er to be fair, and it had the light taste of air.

At the price point for many of their cigars I can get some extremely nice CC's - some LGC and Montes come to mind or in the non-CC world I can find Padron Principes and many of Mr. Pepins cigars.

That is why I choose to not purchase Gurhka sticks and I believe I fall into what Mr. Klugman has said below.

Good luck on your next thread!

Respectfully,

Travis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
The best advice on dealing with the devil is.....

don't.

Smoke what you like. Respect others right to do the same.

Re: Gurkha's? Exploration of cigars likes and dislikes is an evolutionary experience. You don't realize what you don't know until you learn more. Many, upon learning more, realize things.

Last edited by Texan in Mexico; 04-16-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote