Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Montecristo white label rothschilde

This 5 x 52 Rothschild comes in a cellophane wrapper and once released I see a nice looking cigar with a light but smooth wrapper which doesn’t contain a lot of veins. Due to the color of the wrapper I think it’s a shade grown wrapper. The aroma is peppery with some wood and hints of a barnyard. The cigar feels well constructed although the fire side is a bit softer than the rest of the cigar. The predraw is on the easy side and leaves me with a light flavor of raisin on the lips.

I could taste some cedar wood, not bad but I had better. My mouth goes dry due to the texture of the smoke. After an inch the texture becomes a bit buttery but flavorwise it’s still the same cedar, although the flavor becomes a bit more appealing to me after 1/3rd. The flavor doesn’t change at all, until I get close to the turning point, where I discovered some nut flavors.

The amount of smoke is on the low side, but because of the firm ashes the smoke & ash still gets a 7 out of 10. The draw is on the light side of ok and the burn is fine. Medium to mild bodied, mild flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, I don’t care much for this cigar.

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 6 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 6 / 10
Aroma (last part) 6 / 10