Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold
Default CAO America--Cigar Tourney #2

On to the even numbered seeds in my little tourney and finally determining some winners.

Tonight's competitor, the CAO America Potomac. Her are the vitals:

CAO America Potomac
5x56
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro/Connecticut Shade
Filler: Dominican/Nicaraguan/Italian/American

Lil' Patriot...

Nice looking cigar. Wrapper is a little rough and not much of the connecticut wrapper showing. Light tobacco aroma. Clipped the cap easily. Taste is muted tobacco and the draw is good. Little difficult to get it lit.

The initial flavor is a mild leather. Decent amount of smoke, draw is fine. Ash is light gray and a little flaky, but not bad.

'Bout 10 minutes in...

Nice looking burn. The ash is almost white now. The next 10 minutes brings little change. Leather flavor is mellow and there is not as much smoke as I would like.

45 minutes in....

Nothing new to report.

Hey! At 60 minutes, the flavor chnaged. Unfortunately, it changed to harshness and I let it die.

Last 1/3 or so, the burn started to get a little ragged as you can see.

This is a typical CAO. Very consistent, solid smoke. Not much flavor with this one however, as I think many others have pointed out in reviews.

Here's the tally.
Appearance and Presentation: 16(20)
Lighting and Burning: 13(15)
Construction: 24(30)
Taste: 20(35)

Overall: 73

Good scores for the first three categories but as you can see, lost lots of points in the flavor department. Like them for the fact that you know what you are going to get. Pretty straightforward, non-complicated, no-work, on hour smoke.