Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
cheshire2
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Rich
Trading: (0)
cheshire2 is on a distinguished road
Default My wife had an accident today

Ok here is the story;
We live in Nevada but my wife was shopping in California today and while trying to park our 3/4 ton Dodge, she bumped the vehicle behind her (Old junker), got out and saw absolutely no damage to either vehicle. She stayed there and hit a couple shops then left the scene. Got back to our place of business a while ago (decals on side of our truck) and the police called. The guy was a dick and read her the riot act for not reporting the accident and said there was damage to the other vehicle and said he will turn the case over to the DA. Said she should have called to police even though there was no damage.

WTF? I thought that there was supposed to be at least $750 worth of damage before you were required to report an accident. Our insurance agent said he has never heard of reporting an accident where there was no damage. There is not even a mark on our truck but of course we would never be able to prove that the other vehicle was not damaged.

Anyone been through anything similar before?

Last edited by cheshire2; 02-23-2009 at 05:26 PM.
cheshire2 is offline   Reply With Quote