Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2021, 07:19 AM   #26
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mokapots, Moka, or Stovetop Espresso, Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
I have had mine for just over a week. Made about 10 or so drinks over the weekend for the gf and myself. I am a huge fan of the Moka pot, kinda thinking about getting the next one up. I have a 3 cup, looking at the 6. I was torn on investing a ton of money or a budget espresso machine... I am glad I went the Moka route. I bought a grinder, which today I used for my French press, man what a difference there too. I didn't realize how much a grinder mattered.

My green beans should be in next week, then I will have it all in my control!
Something about the Bialletti moka pots that I noticed, was that the smaller ones make better coffee or faux-spresso or whatever you want to call it. My 3 or 4 cup made better coffee than my 6. My 1 cupper did a better job than both of the others. Ended up getting rid of the other two and just keeping the 1 cup. I found a stainless (not sure of the brand) 2 or 3 cup in a thrift store for a buck or so a couple months ago, I suppose someday I should actually try it.

Honestly though, my aeropress does a better job than any of the pots.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote