Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default DSL help

Don't know where else to ask because I am out of ideas. I have DSL at my house. I have a 10 mbps down and 2 mbps up connection through the local telephone company. I will list what I have in my home network as well. I have a desktop computer, a laptop computer, two Rokus, an outdoor P2P network that I use to broadcast internet over my property. Two iphones, and two ipads. I have a modem/router from the phone company. I also use the wireless on the router for indoor access to internet. I also have a dumbswitch. All of my phone lines from the phone companies demark were replaced by me with CAT5e about a year ago. Up until a month or two ago things were working great. The settings in everything haven't changed and all of this was working fine as is. My speeds started dropping down to almost unusable levels. We are talking over 1000 ms pings and less than 1 mbps down and like .05 up. It sometimes will give me good speeds then right back to bad. I have had the phone company here working on it several times and the tech is a friend of mine. Since it's a phone company modem/router combo I have access to the admin side of it. The dsl statistics all look good and have up to 25mbps second link. I have tested it every way you can. I have taken everything out of the network except the desktop and still have bad speedtests and I know it's right because we have low quality on Netflix, Hulu, and Playon. The phone company tech is at a loss to find the problem and he is pretty good at his job. I have toyed with the security settings in the wireless and tweaked several settings such as the bandwitdth from 20 mghz to 40 and auto channel select and making sure they indoor doesn't overlap the outdoor by setting them to 6 and 11 respectively or 1 and 6, or 1 and 11 and nothing seems to fix it. The outdoor settings are what they have been and haven't changed from the time it worked great til now when it doesn't work. Any ideas?

forgot to add that I am only about 400 yards from the DSLAM so I am virtual fiber to my house with the connection from there to here being copper for the last 400 yards.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote