Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Lexxxus
I break for Cubans

First Name: Wayne
Trading: (2)
Cohiba
Lexxxus is on a distinguished road
Default Vinotemp... read the whole thread

Edit: (DK) Changed the thread title to a neutral postition. OP has issues with Customer Service, manufacturer has issues with Grey or black market/knockoff units. Information from both sides contained within. Decide for yourself.

I snapped up the last VT 28 in my hometown from a retailer who bought all the remaining stock from the local distributor.

It was a good price, brand new and still shrink-wrapped. Got it home and unpacked the handle, shelves, manual and noticed there were no screws to affix the handle.

I called Vinotemp and spoke to an awesome guy name Houlio. He said he had them in stock and would pop the two screws and matching plastic cover caps in the mail. (I didn't even realize there were covers)

Almost 3 weeks later, no screws. I called and was told by a very polite girl named Cassandra that she could see the order in the system but her supervior cancelled the order. I asked why and she said the woman who cancelled the order insisted I provide a serial number. Lord knows they couldn't risk send two screws to someone who simply claimed to to have been short-shipped. They also wanted the name of the retailer.

So I e-mailed the s/n and name of retailer to Cassandra. She e-mailed me back saying her supervisor (same woman who cancelled the original order) said she did not recognize the retailer as an authorized VT outlet. And that she would require a copy of the bill. I was also told the s/n I provided did not seem to match their "records"? (whatever the Hell that meant?)

So biting my tongue I snapped a bunch of pics of the cooler, the screw-less handle, the bill, the serial number, The Vinotemp emblem (in case they thought I was trying to scam them into providing me parts for a Chinese knock-off!) and asked her to simply send me the screws and bill me for the damn things already! What can they cost? fifty cents? a buck? Good Lord!

Julio seemed like a helpful decent guy, Melissa was polite and apologetic but whoever this paranoid "supervisor" is needs to give her head a shake.

I hate to jump to conclusions but this "Supervisor" strikes me as the same power-tripping paper-pusher who we've all run into and who seem to serve no purpose other than reinforcement of their own petty authority. If she was working for me... she'd be working for someone else.

What's a guy gotta' do to get a screw?

Last edited by Da Klugs; 01-30-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Lexxxus is offline   Reply With Quote