Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2014, 04:19 AM   #1
mrmsav
Cowboys fan for life!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
mrmsav is on a distinguished road
Default Final Stages of new (sort of) Humidor Set-up

Figured I should start a new thread as salt test vs. calibration pack is no longer accurate, as I have moved beyond this step.

So After 36 hrs my Xikar digital hygro was reading 72% and 71 degrees in the calibration kit bag. I hit Calibrate and it went to 75% r/h. I have placed in the humidor before I left for work today.

Is there a certain time frame I should wait to get an accurate reading of where my humi is at currently? I removed the cheap floral foam that came with it a few weeks ago, and have had no humidification system in it since. The analog hygro on the humi has been reading about 70% for the last couple weeks. But I do not trust it, just wondering how long I should put the new digital one in for to get an accurate reading of where it is at. I should also mention I live on the east coast fairly close to the water.

Based on where the readings end up will probably determine if I put beads in or the 69% Boveda packs I also bought.

Thanks