Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #13
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice
Default Re: Starting a brick and mortar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Both of us are in retail rv dealership. I am administration and he in finance. My ideal is to make men Men again! Dudes now days grow out nasty scraggly beards dress in t shirts and cargo shorts and have added a new color to the wheel called Real tree . The feminization of men has also been pushed to a point. Some of us remember when the dad on TV was the wise all knowing thought of reason and now on the shows they are bumbling fools that the kids are smarter than the parents.
My dream would be a place where guys can get back to feeling like a man and hopefully dress and act more like a figurehead than a dunderhead!

: sorry rant over
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCuts View Post
I've never owned a pair of cargo shorts. I do, however, have a big beard. And when I'm not at work I often wear t-shirts. And I promise you, Crusader, I am as much a man or more than the suit-wearing demographic you intend to build your B&M around. You want to open an exclusive lounge for clean-shaven rich guys, that's fine. You're entitled to do so. I'll go someplace else. But understand this: being a man is a thing of substance that does not require a barber or a tailor. And sitcom dads are not the best barometer for the contemporary definition of manliness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure how my beard, my T-shirt with "My Gun License is the Second Amendment" written on the front, and my cargo shorts which expose my hairy calves somehow are symptoms of "the feminization of men". Seems rather counter-intuitive to me. But what do I know, I'm only a whiskey-slugging, cigar-smoking, beer-brewing, BBQ-ing veteran of almost a quarter century in the military; perhaps my "feminization" is so complete I don't even recognize it in me. I guess I'll go watch some TV shows from the '50's so I can learn what I should be doing as a man. That is, if I can get to the remote before I menstruate all over it.
Just an observation, Crusader, but not many of us on this board would be eligible to enter your establishment. I'm not so sure your most recent post was very well thought out.