Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Need Help - Re: Trauma/Doctor/Gunshot

Hey Guys -

In writing my third novel, I am having a difficult time finding some information that I need. So if anyone could help out it would be greatly appreciated. Google is not being my friend and medical books are just frustrating for what I need. So here is the deal:

1- The protagonist is going to be shot, from behind, with a 17th century flintlock pistol - close range, 5 to 10 feet - but that can be adjusted for injury survival.

2- I need a devastating injury to the torso that she can survive. Since it is a work of fiction I'll take as low as a 1 or 2% chance of survival.

3- She will need to stay conscious for about 45 seconds or so (again this is fiction so there is some leeway).

4- There will be no hospital, doctor, EMT, paramedic, ambulance, etc showing up to save her.

5- Staunching blood flow on the scene can be done with pressure/herbs so that is not a problem at the moment. Bullet removal (if it would stay in body), bits of clothing, organ damage, etc would be a problem to be discussed.

6- At some point - not sure of time frame - a Dutch nurse will be available to give whatever aid she can with tools/medical supplies available to her in 17th century Japan.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell for the moment. As gratitude for help I'd be happy to send a paperback copy of the book when completed where you would find your name listed as "Medical Adviser" -

Thanks,

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote