Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
JJKJR
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
JJKJR is on a distinguished road
Default Tight Draw

I've not posted much on the is site but have enjoyed learning from the more knowledgeable folks. To try to keep this short; I have two "types" of cigars that I smoke, the more expensive name brand cigars and those that are not banded from Ybor City (Tampa), which is close to my home. I generally find that those that are name brand have a tighter draw vs. the locally rolled ones. Yesterday I had two Oliva's, Series V and a Maduro Nub. Both were tasty but I had to work on getting a draw. Friday evening I had a locally rolled, non-brand name cigar which also tasted good but was easier to smoke. The question I have is what I'm experiencing similar anyone else. Let me add that I usually smoke toro shaped cigars. I would think if it's a humidor issue all my cigars would smoke about the same. Could it be the way I'm cutting the banded cigars? The local cigars are cut the same. Any suggestions from the more knowledgeable?
JJKJR is offline   Reply With Quote