Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
sevans105
Alpha Zombie Wolf "Sceve"

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Cohiba
sevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the roughsevans105 is a jewel in the rough
Default My cigars are boring..did I ruin them?

So, I kinda took a break from cigars for six months or so and just really started up again this last week. I've burned a good half dozen or so and they all just seem really flat and boring.

I've tried a Cohiba Sig VI, a JdN, a Perdomo, a 601 blue, a Gran Habano, an LFD chisel and they all are boring. No real good flavor notes, no spice really, just kinda blah. The JdN I had today was awful...very sour tasting.

Have I ruined my cigars over the winter? They stayed pretty constant humidity wise. 65-70 humidity with temps in the 60's (basement storage). I did notice a tiny bit of mold on a couple of sticks that were close to my humidification device but I pitched them and carefully checked the rest of my stash...pulled them all out, wiped down the interior with a mild alcohol solution, lightly sanded all my cedar trays to "refresh" them, then reseasoned my cabinet before returning them.

Is this a common thing with extended (some are 3 years old now-in my cabinet) storage? Is it just me needing to get back into it? They smell good, just don't taste good.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I need to send a package off to someone but if I've ruined them, I don't want to send crappy cigars.