Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHL 2013 Thread

I grew up on a northeastern lake. Snow piles made the boards and a garden hose pulled from the basement was our Zamboni.
There is no sport, when viewed in it's entirety, that's tougher or more difficult to play. I don't think any MLB or NBA or NFL player in their right mind would even argue the point, not for a second.

Hitting a 90mph breaking ball might be the single toughest skill in all sports, I can buy that. I don't know what the other skills were, but it's insanely difficult even if you swing the bat all day every day, unless you can guess it's coming, then it's just a tiny bit less than insanely difficult.

If a hockey player is both very skilled and very intelligent, in the case of someone like Mario, it takes that guy way over the top. To be standing behind the cage, flip the puck over the cage, and bounce it off the back of a defenseman's head into the top right corner of the goal, the only place open, that's just unreal for 1,000 reasons.