Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Pipe Tobacco sized USPS boxes?

ever want to send someone a tin or two and only have those damn "Video Tape" sized boxes? the kind that are too thin to fit a 50g ~ 100g tin of C&D/McClellands/Rattrays (the tub kind).

i don't know what your local post office is like, but they don't have ALL the sizes out and available for you to peruse...

there are two that i grab all the time:
size #12: this one is perfect for sending two 50g tubs (or a single 100g tub), they can stack on top of each other with just enough room around each side for some packing material. i think the dimensions are close to 4.5 x 4.5 x 4.5
size #13: this one is just a little bit bigger than the #12, roughly 6 x 7 x 7. you can fit plenty of tobacco in there, OR it's large enough to fit a pipe box and tobacco. this one is also known as "ebay box 4".

i tried to find them on the USPS site to order some, couldn't find them. you may have to ask at your local post office for box sizes #12 and #13. they're perfect for 2-7+ tins of tobacco. I hate grabbing super large boxes to send only a few tins, then cramming a ton of packaging in there (and using up all that extra tape).