Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Truck: Ford, Chevy, Dodge or Toyota?
Ford 46 35.94%
Chevy 35 27.34%
Dodge 18 14.06%
Toyota 29 22.66%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
smokeyandthebandit05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rich
Trading: (1)
smokeyandthebandit05 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chose your truck: Ford, Chevy, Dodge or Toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGD. View Post
I had a 77 3/4ton GMC - short bed - 4 barrel with headers, side pipes without the bullet mufflers in them. Posi-track - sun roof - custom tuck and roll interior with bucket seats. Pioneer head unit - 200 amp with 4 6x9 Jenson tri's stuck in that little interior -

Custom paint, originally had murals on the hood, rear and sides - but had it repainted about 81. Complete paint, door jambs, bed, engine compartment, etc. Engine was mostly brushed aluminum over with blue and red braided hose. To many engine parts to mention. Micky Thompson Weather Vane rims with Goodyears.

Man I loved that truck. In 1985 it had a fuel line leak at the 40 micron filter - caught fire and burned up. That was in Feb. ***** was that I had dropped my "custom" insurance in Jan. Insurance adjuster almost cried with me - he gave me full blue book value which was the best he could do.

I have the fire pictures around here somewhere -

And on edit - Oh yeah - nothing but Fords since that GMC.

Okay - one more edit - forgot about the 85 Dodge 1/2 ton. After that a few Ford Vans until 2000.

Last three trucks:
00 F150 4x4 -
01 F350 Powerstroke Dually Crew Cab -
04 F350 Powerstroke Short Bed, Crew Cab - King Ranch.

Ron

Back when I was probably 6 or 7 my dad had a 80 somethin Chevy C10. Standard cab short bed I believe. I loved this thing. Baby blue with a 350 and 5 speed(I think). One winter he was comin into town off a hill and put it in a pond nose first. Had it pulled out and kept drivin it and she kept goin but the back axels got bent and it messed up the rear end. Had it fixed and kept drivin it. One day she just caught on fire and that was the end of big blue