Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default LP - Is it me?

OK, I've been watching the love-fest over the Liga Privada lines - 9 & 52. I have tried a Flying Pig from each. I have had a one or two of the parallel size in each. I have even tried a couple Undercrowns.

The reason I bring this up, and I am not trying to be a "hater," is because everybody's tastes are different. Having said that, it appears I am the only one who isn't on the band wagon with the LP/Undercrown lines.

They all have a great aesthetic appeal, for the are amazing looking sticks. I have even enjoyed the room note that the T52 line produces. I really want to like these cigars. But having said that, I found that I was not impressed with any that I have tried. To me they were strong and one-dimensional, leaving me quickly disinterested. They had some interesting flavors to begin, but I got bored with them fairly quickly.

I fournd them to be strong, and that wasn't a problem, as I love strong, but strong for the sake of strong, without any nuance or complexity, was seriously disappointing. In fact, I put an #9 FP down at the 1/2 way point as I was bored and wanting some flavor and excitement.

[An aside... I thought it might be that I cannot handle strong cigars. But then I considered some things. I love Litto Gomez Diez, I love the LG Small Batch, I love the LFD Coronados, also the LFD Air Benders. I think most of these are fairly full-bodied. But then I do not like the LFD Double Ligero and can only tolerate the LFD Ligero as they are, to my tastes, strong and seriously one dimensional.]

What gets me is that at their prices I am completely and totally underwhelmed by them. I do not get it. Are my tastebuds out of whack? Or am I the only one courageous enough to speak my mind (the emporer is naked)? Or is it simply that my tastes are just not up to this?

Now the Papa Fritas is out and I have been reading the love-fest over this CUT filler cigar. So I'm thinking...
I don't think the LPs are worth the price they get for them.Is a cut filler cigar, from the dropping of cigars I haven't enjoyed, really something to get excited about?
Is any cut filler cigar worth $5.00 (OK, $4.99) a stick?

[Another asided... I do love the MUWAT Bait Fish. I finally tried one of them and really enjoyed it. I will look for some more of those. I haven't tried any other MUWAT sizes, but that may change. Maybe not.]

So, what are your thoughts on the questions I raised? Is it just me? Or does someone have an explanation?

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd