Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Project Of The Day : Lingerie Dresser

The drawer hardware came today, I'm taking a break then I'll start putting it in.
Just a few pics...
The first is the fronts after the first coat of stain. 15 minutes on each one. I'll match them to the dresser and put a second coat on as necessary, adjusting how long I leave the stain on.

The second pic is the drawer glides. I managed to find face and rear frame brackets that work with the glides, it'll take a whole day of work off the project and only cost about 25 bucks. If not for the brackets I'd have to build out the sides on the inside to receive the glides. I'd have to plane each piece of 24 pieces for a custom fit. That sucks. This is WAY better.

The last pic is the drawers all glued up, bottoms in, sanded and ready to put in. They came out far better than I imagined and were so easy to square up that it was a pleasure.

I'm gonna put the second layer of poly on the carcass this evening, I already sanded it out. It'll be 100% finished at that point. Everything else is made, and the project is just about done.