Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Sadden
Its only money...

First Name: Colin
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
Sadden will become famous soon enough
Default Bad Cigar last night

So last night we had a mini herf indoors at my buddies place because the weathers starting to turn shitty. So i brought some sticks , some Cohibas and RYJ churchills , along with some Rocky Patel 1990's.

So we are all lighting up and i go with a RP 1990 , i was really looking forward to this stick as ive tried some other RP stuff and ive really enjoyed it (being a noob and all i cant appreciate more complex sticks , and certaintly nothing to strong) Ive always had nothing but good experiences with his stuff.

So i take my time and toast it really nice for a decent amount of time , so nice being able to take the time light it properly being indoors and all. Get it fired up and the first inch is really nice , but then my smoke output starts going down drastically , along with all my flavors , i have to pull quite hard and get the cigar quite hot to get any smoke oout of it. Its warm and spongy 2 inches down. So i let it go out and cool off and relight it 15 minutes later , it burns good for a few minutes and does the exact same thing.

So im pretty frusterated so i clip a full inch off the cigar , only to reveal that its tunneled out drastically. Clip another inch off and its still showing a charred spot from tunneling. At this point i figure that im pretty safe to relight it , so i let the cigar rest for a few minutes to finish cooling off and then i procede to relight it. After getting 10 minutes of smoking time out of it i get fed up as it does the same thing yet again and i throw away the stick...
Normally i would have my light or the weather to plame for such misfortune , but it could only be a construction issue , which is not something that seems very common of the brand from what ive read.

I wouldnt be so upset except for the fact that i live in Canada and singles from the local place set me back 25-35$ a stick...