Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #10
jquirit
Angry Asian Dwarf

Trading: (3)
jquirit has disabled reputation
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Andy, I've been splitting time between this one and the Zemekone/Icehog weightlifting thread. Let me update!

Yesterday I had an awesome cardio day. Was doing interval running on a treadmill with the program breaking down like this:

5 minutes warm-up
1 minute @ 6mph then 1 minute @ 2.7mph (repeat 10 times)
1 minute @ 7mph then 2 minutes @ 2.7mph (repeat 5 times)
3 minutes warm-down

The first two or three intervals @ 6mph felt really tough. My heart rate was way up from normal but over the next few everything loosened up and it got really easy. So easy that I breezed through the 6mph and had not as much difficulty with the 7mph intervals as I usually did. So I did a single interval at 8mph (basically a full-on sprint on the treadmill). Now that was tough but it got my heart racing real good. Heart rate peaked out about 180bpm during that interval.

Today is back on legs: lunges, standing calf raises, leg curls, and probably a few dumbbell deadlifts. Maybe a bit of shoulders while I'm at it, too. And then 35 minutes on the elliptical to finish things off.