Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Car troubles...any mechanics in the house?

Please excuse my ignorance, I have a very rudimentary knowledge of the combustion engine...

I have an 01 Outback that has had a few sporadic electrical issues.

It started as simple as the car not starting. I had it towed to a local shop to the replace the battery, which was the original.

Second issue - Upon putting the car in gear it would start to stall unless I gave it gas (automatic BTW). Eventually things got worse, I lost power steering and power brakes. This time I had it towed to dealer that I trust. The problem was a seized serpentine belt pulley, which was replaced.

Fast forward to yesterday. The car was sitting since last Wednesday. I went to start it and it wouldn't start. All the electrical works, radio, lights, alarm. The starter turns without clicking but the engine will not turn over. I called the dealer and they said without looking at it that it could be the alternator.

Before I get it towed over there does anyone have any suggestions? I have AAA so the tow is not an issue but if it is something simple like a spark plug or fuel filter I'd rather have it towed to the Pep Boys 1/2 mile away than the dealer, which is about 45 minutes.

Any suggestions are welcome.
AD720 is offline   Reply With Quote