Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank You To Everyone Who Has Participated In The Auction!!!

There are a couple hours left, but I wanted to take a minute and say Thank You before I forget.
Thank You!!!

The support this calendar year has been absolutely off the map. Come my next shipment, I will have sent over 100 Large Flat Rate APO boxes to our troops. When a care package goes out, they are absolutely 100% top rate. They're always filled with things that any one of us would be thrilled to get were the shoe on the other foot, and I think that matters. It speaks volumes about you all as a brotherhood. Top rate.
You have donated thousands of cigars, cutters, snacks, lighters, travel humis, I can't even begin to come up with a number of cigars, it's simply incredible. Cash donations between auctions and member donations have got to be pushing the five figure mark, and that's before this current auction has even finished. In these trying times, I think that is nothing short of amazing.
There's not a week that has passed since I've started helping that I have not had support from my brothers here. There are ALWAYS packages waiting in my office to be taken care of, photographed and put away.
Our current auction is going off beautifully, there are SO many incredible items to bid on, and so many brothers and sisters offering their possessions, time, money and love.

A lot of times people talk about supporting the troops, and that's what it amounts to. They'd really like to do something. You guys don't talk the talk, you walk the walk. Troop Support is ingrained into the Brotherhood. It's what you do, and it's for the right reasons. It's because we know how much love there is in sharing a cigar with our brother.
In the beginning I wondered if that brotherly love would translate. I wondered if it could be stuffed in a box and sent overseas to a bunch of kids who were wondering if they'd live to see another day.
I talk to them, it does, and to a far greater extent than I ever imagined possible. The impact is beyond anything words can describe, and runs far deeper than that which we share, if you can believe it.

Things have been so successful that I'm adding contacts weekly. I get regular pm's and emails asking for us to look after one group of troops or another. So many that I sometimes stress about whether or not we can support all those that ask for help. I haven't turned anyone away, and I won't.
I know that what we do is right and good and that there will always be more than enough to take care of everyone. God is Good, and he's put the right people to the task.
My Love and Thanks to you all, you are truly an inspiration, and you are the best of friends.