Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenguamor View Post
The skill of a blender shows in a blend which allows many flavors to come through the smoke; nuanced, bold...mingled, separate—every flavor change is pure joy for me, like opening one present after another on Christmas. No flavor has to be "greater" than another, just so that all can have their moment. That to me is a perfect cigar; Punch Ninfas and PLPCs give me that...the HU Mag 50 ELs I smoked ROTT after their release too. And that Oliva. :
I didn't mean that question to be cigar specific, but you worked right through the confusion to the answer I guessed you'd give me.
I keep tons of cigars that take me on that trip, because that's what I like from a cigar. I get that from a PLpc, as well. You should try a Hoyo du Gourmet, you'd die twice, my friend.
I've not tried a Punch Ninfa, it's one of those cigars that's managed to elude me for lots of years. If I ever stumble across a box, I'll definately gather them up.
Punch RS 11's deliver the same kind of morphing, twisting, changing experience, and so do Old Henry maduros with a couple years.
There's not an Oliva that I've found worth smoking ROTT. They all need a year to air out, so far as I'm concerned. After 2-3 years, they get REAL good and they stay there. That blue band isn't an anomaly with Oliva, it's the rule. Their stuff ages fantastically.