Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #24
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What If We Lost Pepin?

I don't know enough insider info on how much of his art he's passed on, but Pepin is truly the single most influencial and important person in the NC cigar industry today. His death would mirror the recent loss in the CC world of Alejandro Robaina. He's a great guy who's forgotten more about tobacco than any of us could ever hope to learn, and who is, if not single handedly responsible for, at least a major factor in bringing the current generation of Nicaraguan cigars up to par with and occasionally exceeding the quality of Habanos. If he were to die soon, it would be a tragedy on many levels; he's a great, friendly and personable person, as well as a virtuosic genius in the art of blending and cultivating tobacco. I hope all of his children have been hanging on to every word that comes from his mouth, because when he dies, the cigar world is going to really feel it if that wealth of knowledge isn't passed on. The only NCs I've thoroughly enjoyed in the last 3 years or so other than Padrons, have all had something to do with Pepin.
EDIT
EPC is another treasure. I would hate to think of losing either of them.