Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Life.......

Perhaps a fitting title to this thread, perhaps not explicative enough.

So many of us so often feel down and out or feel so upset over the minor "inconveniences" life throws at us. Sometimes those minor inconveniences are in fact not so minor after all. At times, they can be what some can in fact consider significant or perhaps even catastrophic.

I am truly trying hard to believe in positive reinforcement/thinking as first and foremost. That was reinforced recently for me and is my new motto that I would like to share and would love all to consider the next time one of life's "inconveniences" affects you.

My dad and mom are in their 70's. They ache for everything. Mostly, they ache in their minds I think. Any pain is catastrophic for them. Any illness is terminal. Any headache, is worth confining to bed. I don't know what has happened to them.

On the other hand, I go to my supermarket and run into a gentleman that is at least 10 yrs older than my parents. I see him each and every day. Always a smile, a greeting, a brief discussion and a good bye, see you soon. The other day, he says to me, how are you? I said great and for some jokingly reason, I say what is the sense of me complaining if you have problems of your own? His response is the moral of this story and my new motto for good.

He said to me, each and every day I wake up, it is already a great day and nothing can ruin it unless I don't get to do it again the next morning. At my age, I don't have time to get upset and I don't have many of those mornings left.

I then wondered why it takes getting to your 80's for most of us to learn and understand that basic concept.