Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation
Default Bucket list event

Haven't been around so much for a few months. Busy busy! Anyway, anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge Dave Alvin fan. I've listened to his solo music, The Blasters, X, and pretty much anything he touches since I was in my 20's. I've always wanted to see him live but he's never performed close enough to me or I've been too busy.

I'm subscribed to email from his website. I've been getting a lot of email from them lately and have been too busy to read most of it. It's mostly about a deluxe edition album of his Eleven Eleven release from last year. I had a few minutes of downtime at work today and decided to check my personal email. There was a Dave Alvin email in there so I decided to take a look. Along with info on his album release next month, there was some tour information. I glanced at it and saw Valparaiso, IN in the dates! Well, Valparaiso is only about an hour from me. I then looked at the date. It is this Saturday! My heart sank because I thought there was no way tickets would be available. Just for giggles, I went to the venue's website and checked. Well, there were still some tickets available on the main floor!

My heart sank again. I remembered my wife had plans for us on Saturday night. I decided to call her and see if I could persuade her to change our plans.

I'm going to see Dave Alvin! This is a like Elvis was for my mom. I feel like a teenager. The flat tire I got on the way home from work didn't even phase me! Anyway, I'm super stoked and wanted to share. I'll let you all know how it goes.

MCS