Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2012, 04:34 AM   #6
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Gurkha Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44stampede View Post
He posed the question, I answered. THought that was the purpose of the forum.

Because I say something doesn't make it "the final word". Just contributing my
Yep, you did answer and you answered telling him what he'd think of them. I guess there's no sense in letting someone make up their own mind about a product.

I've worked in a cigar shop for years, I've heard a thousand times people telling other customers what they'll like and not like based on their opinions. They're doing that customer a disservice by not finding out what THEY like instead of trying to push their favorites. Gurkha hate...stupid, if someone doesn't like their cigars, don't buy them, if someone doesn't like their business model, don't buy them, but why try convince someone else who's not as familiar with them that their bad without letting them try one with an open mind. Someone posted regarding a blind taste test, I'd love to see some of the haters do this.

People hate on Rocky Patel because he comes out with a new cigar every month, does this make his cigars bad? People are so in love with Pete Johnson (who is a good friend of mine and I'd tell him this to his face) yet he's also guilty of coming out with very limited hard to get cigars, yet he's a God? Shilala said he can't stomach a Tatuaje...should we all gang up on him and tell him his tastes suck because he doesn't like the hottest cigar brand on the planet. Hell no. He likes what he likes and he's right.

It'd be interesting to see how many on this forum cut their teeth smoking cigars on Acids and then see how many of them have smoked one after two, three or four years into cigars. How many of them honestly bash Acid now? Drew Estate makes a freakin' good cigar, their tobaccos are very good, their construction is top notch. Their VP Fabien is a VERY good friend of mine, would I smoke an Acid, no phucking way, I don't like them, but nobody comes close to selling as many of them at my store than I do because in the end, my job is to get every guest THE cigar that I think they'll have the best chance of liking, unless they come in with a selection in mind and know what they want.

Most of the hate comes from newer smokers, 1-5 or 6 years or so, once you get past that point, you just start to understand that in the beginning way to much is made of cigars, HTF's and LE's. what you like what you don't and trying to push your agenda on someone else. I chased HTF Opus for years, and you know what I found, they taste like Opus, so I'll stick with my Fuente Fuente's, No.4's and No.2's. I could care less if someone likes the cigars I smoke, they're not smoking them, and I could care less what someone else is smoking. Do I like to sit next to someone smoking a Kuba Kuba, Moontrance or Java Mint, no really, but if the conversation is good I could honestly care less...they may not like the smell of my AF13 either, but who am I to judge.

Last edited by Volusianator; 03-03-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Volusianator is offline   Reply With Quote