Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #11
Wanger

Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

F*ck me, that was a horridly officiated game! From everything I saw, the high sticking call on Cullen was complete BS...and that led to a power play, in which 15 seconds in, the Wild get another penalty for tripping (right call, but they wouldn't have been in that position had the BS call not been made). 5 on 3...easy goal. Heatley has a step on the Canucks defender, and gets taken down from behind, and sent into the goaltender...should have been a penalty, from what I saw, and potentially a penalty shot. Basically a two goal swing right there.

Officialting aside, we thought it would be a great night for the Wild when they scored 13 seconds in, with Koivu coming back. They then went dormant for almost 2 periods, and turned it on to put some pressure on. The canuck goalie played well, but the shots didn't seem to be real quality ones. It looked like they could have taken a lot more shots than they did, too. Too much passing and trying to be too cute, from what we saw. Shoot the d@mn puck! Several chances with an open net that the puck just seemed to hop a stick, or they just couldn't get control of it in time. So close, yet so far, it seemed. Vancouver seemed to have everything bounce right to where they needed it to.

I was talked out of wearing my Sioux jersey (wore the Western conf Jersey from when the AllStar game was here in 2004), and the boys loved the game. Even got some video of the Clutterbuck fight early in the 3rd.

Hopefully next game will be a W!