Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Brenner

Default Newbie with a humidor full

Hey everyone,
Newbie here. Just wanted to post a question for the seasoned cigar aficionados. I just recently received couple boxes of cigars for my birthday and had to immediately buy a humidor that I found on Craigslist to store them in. I seasoned the humidor and everything before storing the cigars.

My concern is that the boxes of cigars I received may not have had proper humidity for maybe over a month since they were brought from overseas. On top of that, I found out that after storing them in the humidor and finally replacing the hygrometer with a digi one, that they were even more subjected to improper humidity for a while. I'm worried that my cigars are now dried out especially the ones not in tubes. I've done the pinch test, they seem ok, but just looking at them, they look a little dry. I attached a picture, would you be able to tell me if they look dry or not? Or do they look fine and Im too paranoid as a newbie?

Help!

Thank you.
-Brenner