Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
Mr.Erskine
Looking up

First Name: Benjamin
Trading: (1)
Mr.Erskine is on a distinguished road
Default Sad, yet fortunate news

Today, my wife kept my son home from church because he has an ear infection. During Sunday School she called me. I ignored the call, but when she called again, I knew something was wrong. I tried to return her call, but could not reach her, so I left for home. She managed to get enough charge in her phone to call me as I was driving home, and she told me that I NEEDED to take her to the hospital. She had major lower abdominal pain. We figured it was her bladder because she has chronic bladder infections. (She woke me up the other morning in intense pain, but she took a pain killer, and that seemed to be the end of it.)

I took her to the ER, and they did several tests. The tests showed positive for pregnancy. However, after two ultrasounds, the doctors found that she had ectopic pregnancy, (it was gestating in her fallopian tube,) and the ectopic pregnancy had burst causing internal bleeding. Fortunately, we got there in enough time, they did an emergency surgery on her this afternoon at about 3:30. They finished around 7:15, apparently she had a lot of clotting.

They are going to keep her until Tuesday. We are VERY fortunate that she didn't just take another pain killer, and deal with it because the pressure from the fluids had reached her right shoulder before they did the surgery. The surgery went well, and they are going to get her on her feet tomorrow. Please keep her in your prayers, as we hope this will be the last time we have to deal with this.