Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
Swampper
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
VR
Swampper is on a distinguished road
Default Not a happy new years. NSFDT [DT=dinner time]

I worked New Years Eve, not a big deal. I sent my coworkers and supervisor home early, and stayed until the end of the shift.

My friend went out of town to see her old college roommate so I swung by her house and picked up her beautiful black German Shepherd, and a 1/2 case of Fat Tire she got for me from out-of-state. They don't sell New Belgium beer here.

Got home, cracked open a Fat Tire, and got caught up on what was going on at Cigar Asylum.

Then I retreated to the man cave to watch a DVD and smoke my New Year's Eve stogie. Was saving a special cigar for this evening. An H. Upmann Sir Winston. The dog was acting kind of funny. She didn't like the garage. I think she thought I was going to lock her in there for the night, and my cigar, movie and drink were all an elaborate ruse. I let her out, she came right back in. Didn't like all the fireworks going off at midnight.

She was kind of wandering around the man cave, and about the time I was 1/3 of the way thru the movie and the Churchill, WOOSH! She was right behind my chair, and let loose with about a half gallon of bloody dog diarrhea. I about puked. The cat about puked. My cat actual got the dry heaves! What a mess.

All of that put an end to the evening. Cleaned and disinfected that man cave floor and called it a night.

Dog slept well all night, I let her out after sun up, she did her business and came back in. I work nights, so I was back to bed. Dog started to rouse about around 9:30 am, so I got up, followed her to back door, but right in the middle of living room carpet, WOOSH # 2. GEEZE US FREAKING YOU KNOW WHAT!

I think I was actually in shock. Cleaned up what I could, but I'm calling the carpet cleaning folks tomorrow for a deep steam cleaning.
I like to hang out with this dog, but she was banished to the back yard for the rest of the day.

Covered the inside of my truck with trash bags, and took the dog back to my friends house.
Dog will be going to the vet tomorrow to see what is up. She has been having the diarrhea about once a month for the last few months. She's fixed and is about 4 years old so it's not girl dog stuff.

Ended up at my parents house to watch some football with my dad, and had a great home cooked dinner. It's not going to be such a bad year after all.
Swampper is offline   Reply With Quote